It was a yard sale blog, now it's going to be used to pull wedding stuff together. Add your ideas, lists, completions, concerns, whatever. Replies can be left as comments. I think I'll make a separate blog post for each category
Decorations-
Paper flowers- coming along
White fairy lights- what does Stacey have already? Set hers up in the yard so we know if more need to be ordered.
Tables and chairs-
Tables and chairs have been ordered, will be delivered on Friday at noon. 12 tables, 115 chairs. We can fill in with smaller tables we already have.
Banquet tables- Donita has 3, Drew and Dede have some.
Tablecloths-arrived
Paper toppers- butcher paper
Crayons and colored pencils- Done
Centerpieces- floral arrangements? ceramic holders for crayons?
Food and drinks-
Bolt of white fabric for food tables
Pot luck dishes (make a list for who's bringing what)
Wine and beer- 2 cases of red, 1 case of chard, 2 cases of sparkling wine for the toasts. Need another case of a white wine. What kind of beer should we get?
Plates, cups, utensils, serving utensils
Ice
Drew got a kiddie pool for the salads to be kept on ice.
Cakes-
How many needed?
Who will make them?
Special Lindsay/Kyle cake- ordered from The Baker's Oven. Pick up on Friday at 3:00.
Cake toppers- print L/K cartoons on card stock and cut out for cake toppers.
Yard-
Lattice panel done
Fairy lights in the bushes after last landscaping done.
Dresses-
Dede's making Lindsay's dress
Paige's dress has arrived
Donita- arrived. Alterations being done.
Other bridesmaids?
Shoes and accessories
Flowers-
Donita is doing flowers
Get them from Costco- talk to floral manager and order
Yellow for bridesmaids, multi for Lindsay
Corsages and bouts? Ribbon?
Table arrangements- paper flowers
Signage-
Signs for front yard
Where the bathrooms are
food table
Music and Entertainment-
Kyle record music for ceremony and background
Who will entertain?
Sound- Ken- what do we need?
Dance music?
Helpers-
Tracey, Megan,
As guests arrive have them label the food dishes with the guest's name so they can be returned.
Have them tape the cards to the gifts to avoid mix ups.
Logistics-
Setting up chairs
After ceremony, set up tables
Each table- table cloth, paper topper, centerpiece, crayon/pencil holder
Bathrooms- downstairs
Rehearsal and dinner-
Olivia's ordered. Pick up on Thursday. Let Olivia know what time.
Ok, I guess that's enough for now. Input! We need input!
Sunday, August 17, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I tallied up everyone we invited to the wedding who I think is likely to come, and it came out to 111. (And that's being fairly generous-- it assumes all the NorCal folks will make the trip down.) Even adding the people who very likely won't come, it still only comes to about 120-30.
The tables at the wedding I went to this weekend sat about 10 (I don't know what standard table sizes are, but I wager I could have thrown myself across one and still had my feet dangling off...so like, 60 inches, give or take?) So that's 11 or 12 tables (if we do round tables. I'm not opposed to banquet tables if those would fit better.) Kyle and I are thinking we'd prefer a family/wedding party head table like at Jono and Melissa's wedding, rather than a little private table, but we can see what makes sense at S&S's house.
Table toppings: tablecloths-- I'm open to whatever is cheapest/easiest. I love the idea of cute vintage tablecloths, but I'm perfectly happy with plain white (it's what I originally thought we'd go with.) I found 48in x 200ft butcher paper on Amazon for under $30, and 200+ packs of colored pencils and crayons run about $20-30 (woo!)
I looked at vintage vases on ebay, and while they can run pretty cheap, the shipping more than doubles the price! I would like to plan to go back to the Rose Bowl Flea Market on September 14th and try to get them there, and in the mean time I'll scour the thrift stores. I'm fine with using those blue mason jars we found at Moskatels to hold the pencils and crayons.
Assigned seating: I've gone back and forth on this. I didn't think we would need it (there's nobody who we need to keep separated, nobody is going to pick a fight. I trust everyone to find their own seat.) But having gone to a few more weddings, it does make it easier when it comes time for everyone to line up for the buffet. But again, we're not inviting any assholes, I trust everyone to be civil and wait patiently. We can send people up by group/family rather than table numbers ("Bridal party, go! Brown family go!" etc.) So maybe I'll do a tentative seating chart, and we can see if we need it. The favors we're making can easily be used for seat assignments, if need be.
Whew! That was a lot. I'll add more soon!
-Linds
Cake serving guide! For figuring out how many cakes we should need:
http://www.wilton.com/cakes/making-cakes/baking-serving-guide.cfm
Maybe plain white tablecloths would be better. I can envision everything white with the giant pops of color from the paper flowers. A much more unified look and less trouble. Maybe we can go back to the garment district and get a couple more bolts of white fabric. It was so cheap!
Dede, don't you have a surger that can put a quick edge on the tablecloths?
Yes, let's go back to the Rose Bowl Flea Market.
And Dede, I don't mean for you to surge the tablecloths. You're doing enough!
Hi everyone!
My first foray into the blogging world.
Standard round tables are 60" across, and can seat 10 snug and friendly-like, 8 more comfortably.
I have one 6' rectangular table for food (or cake or drinks).
Got rid of my serger ages ago, after breaking too many needles. Polyester fabric may not need to be hemmed, but widest bolts are usually 55-60 inches wide, so would need to be pieced together in order to cover 60" tables.
Could use a few vintage tablecloths for the serving/cake/drinks tables, if we have them.
Reminder that I have two 3-gallon beverage dispensers, and the clear bottles J&M used for lemonade on the tables at their wedding, two brushed nickel tubs they used for icing down the wine bottles.
I have one of those big tubs as well. I looked for kiddie pools for cooling the salads but no one carries them at this time of year, which is weird. It's still hot!
I just remembered I have two or three vintage tablecloths we could use.
What sort of kiddie pools? Would inflatable or collapsible ones work, because I'll bet we could get those on Amazon.
Like this one! These colors would go great!
http://www.amazon.com/Intex-Sunset-Glow-Baby-Pool/dp/B000I9RZOW/ref=sr_1_6?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1408687995&sr=1-6&keywords=kiddie+pool
Post a Comment